So I am happy to say that my idea payed off because people really liked them, yaaaaaay! I will list the unsold ones in my shop and I will also list here why the show was so successful. I am certain it had little to do with me and everything to do with the way it was run by the amazing Handmaidens (as they call themselves. I mean, even that is cute and awesome, right?!).
- They advertised. On social media, via postcards in the mail, posters, you name it. And far in advance. Bottom line is, if people don't know about it they won't come :(
- Location. They plunked this funky fun market smack dab in the heart of Raleigh's art district.
- Timing. Friday night coincided with Raleigh's First Friday monthly art walk night. Coincidence? I think not.
- Shelter. Friday night it poured, right before the doors opened. Guess what? All the vendors stay cozy and dry and all the shoppers too! Outdoor markets can BOMB when the weather doesn't cooperate. A risk I hate to take!
- Awesome Vendors. Because this is a highly sought after juried event they are able to choose a cool variety of vendors for their shows.
- Drinks and snacks. Who wouldn't want to enjoy a coffee, lick an ice cream cone or sip a beer while they shopped? Well at these shows you can do all 3 no matter what your preference - how genius is THAT?!
- Music. On Friday it was the band banging away outside and all day Saturday it was the DJ. These Handmaidens thought of everything.
- Friendliness. I couldn't help but notice everyone "working" there from the Handmaidens to the maintenance guys had smiles on their faces. Makes a difference if people are enjoying what they do! Happiness is contagious and I, for one, was made happy by this event and just being apart of it all!
- Cleanliness. Toilet paper was stocked, trash cans placed and emptied, spaces tidied. Enough said.
- Organization. Now granted I joined super late in the game but from the get go it was made clear to me that these ladies knew what they were doing. Like a well run machine they rolled out exact, concise emails full of pertinent details so there was no confusion come show time.
These are the top 10 reasons why I had my best show EVER. Like, ever people. So if you are in the Raleigh area and have a chance to go visit a Handmade Market Event or Urban Vintage Show, you must attend!!!! Click here to find out more.